Thank you for purchasing our unique, sustainable and ethically sourced jewellery.
Each piece is caringly handcrafted to the highest standards and quality tested. The handcrafted nature of each piece means that, unlike machine manufactured jewellery, there are sometimes indications of the artist’s hand. Consequently, small blemishes in the metal and crafting process are in no way faults but a mark of your distinctive piece.
Our jewellery is handcrafted from copper, brass, aluminium and sterling silver. These materials will tarnish over time because the combination of air and moisture causes them to oxidise. This is a natural process and creates a variety of beautiful finishes. However, if you prefer a more polished look, you can slow down the tarnishing process by regularly cleaning your jewellery, storing it carefully, and following a few simple tips.
Tips to help you care for your handmade jewellery:
- Don't wear jewellery when swimming, or when using household chemicals such as bleach and ammonia.
- Put your jewellery on after you've applied any hand lotions, hair products, or perfumes.
- When not wearing your jewellery, store it in a zip-lock bag to slow down the rate of tarnish. You may even consider investing in some anti-tarnish bags.
- Use a polishing cloth instead of paper towels when polishing your jewellery. We include a complimentary polishing cloth with all our jewellery.
- When cleaning jewellery, we suggest a very gentle soap and water combination before patting the jewellery dry with a soft cloth. Be particularly careful if you're cleaning gemstone jewellery as some stones don't react well to water or jewellery cleaner.
- Copper jewellery and the copper component of sterling silver can cause skin discolouration if you're sensitive to metals. In this case, we suggest applying a protective coating to the metal parts of the jewellery which come into contact with your skin. Protective coating for jewellery is available in a bottle similar to nail polish and includes an applicator brush. It will need to be reapplied every so often.